Hold, please . . .

My life is nuts. I’ve moved every couple years for most of my life, and even as
an adult, I still find myself moving more often than anyone I know. We’re not
talking little moves, either. If I’m moving, it’s across state lines.
Moving across state lines means things have to change — addresses, telephone
numbers, and even bank accounts. When it’s time for me to make
these kinds of moves, I have to put direct payments on hold. My agency is
accustomed to it, but sometimes I have to juggle other payments (or bills).
AdSense isn’t one of those companies that I have to worry about.
AdSense gives you the ability to place your payments on hold indefinitely.
“Indefinitely” could mean a lot of different things to you, but during that time
you don’t have to worry about your payments bouncing around cyberspace
while you’re getting your banking details under control (or while you’re on
vacation or whatever).
To put your payments on hold, do the following:
1. Log in to your Account Settings page.
2. Click the Edit link next to the Payment Holding section of the page.
3. On the new page that appears, select the Hold Payment check box.
4. Click the Save Changes button.
Now your payments are on hold until you return to the page and deselect the
Hold Payment check box.
Your money doesn’t disappear into no-man’s land, either. While on hold, payments
simply accrue. Then, when you reactivate payments, you’re paid the
full amount during the next regular billing cycle.
The exception to how these holds and payments work (there’s always an
exception, isn’t there?) is around the 15th of the month. If you make changes
to your payment status, payment account, or payment type around the 15th
of the month, everything gets a little squirrelly.
According to the AdSense Web site, holds placed or released around the 15th
of the month may or may not process that month. The best thing you can do
is try to make adjustments to your payment details around the beginning or
end of the month. If you have to make adjustments after about the 10th or
before the 20th, watch your account to make sure the changes take effect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment